Sunday, July 6, 2008

I'm a blogger!

If my just-turned-11-year-old can do it, so can I!

Let me back up. This morning, at 7 am, my Darling Daughter ran into my bedroom to announce:

1. She had a blog!! and;
2. Her brother was missing!!

Well, to be fair, she told me last night that she had just created a blog. I was reading in bed and it was time for her to go to bed, so I said I'd take a look in the morning. Then I fell asleep. Apparently, I need much more sleep than an 11-year-old. And less than a 13-year-old. More on that later.

So, after her reminder this morning, as well as the news about her brother, I popped out of my very comfy bed and ran downstairs. There, I found my son asleep on the couch, which calmed me down a bit. Then she turned on her laptop and showed me her blog, saying "It's easy, you should do it, too."

My response: "This is going to have to wait until I have a cup of coffee."

So here we are.

As for her brother, he was coming off two sleepovers in a row and had fallen asleep IN HIS BED at about 5 pm on Saturday. I could have sworn I checked on him during the night, but I guess I dreamed that. Apparently, he woke up at some point, went downstairs, ate something involving a lot of crumbs, and fell asleep on the couch, where he remained until about 11 this morning, when I woke him up.

No comments: