Thursday, July 30, 2009

Wild West meets Metro West


Guys, if you live around here and you're looking for a really delicious hamburger (or grilled chicken sandwich), have I got the place for you.

Wild Willy's Burgers in Worcester serves the absolute best burgers around! Fellow blogger Ellen Allard piqued my curiosity with this post. Hubby and I tried the place a few weeks ago and couldn't wait to bring the kids when they got home from camp. So last night, the four of us, plus two of TS's friends, piled in the Pilot and went to Worcester for burgers.

(Here we have a few members of the happy group, in between bites. Picture was taken with my Blackberry, so please excuse the quality.)

I had the "Rustler" again - a grilled chicken breast with barbecue sauce, lettuce and tomato. (I confess, I don't really like hamburgers, though one of these days I'm going to try Wild Willy's Bison Burger, just to say I did.) The rest of the table had burgers in various forms (bacon, cheese, onions), plus of course fries, onion rings and pickles. The final word: "Best burger I ever ate" said TS (and he should know; that guy eats a burger every time we eat out anywhere).

One last thing: Wild Willy's is NOT upscale. You walk in, stand in a corral-type line, look at the menu on the wall, order and pay. Then you take a gigantic playing card to your booth and display it so the server can find your table when your food comes out 10 - 15 minutes later. The decor is Wild West-meets-Metro West, with wooden booths, a sticky-handled self-serve pickle barrel and paper food wrappers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My bacon-cheeseburger was the best I ever ate, hands down!