Friday, July 10, 2009

Roman-Style Chicken


After seeing Giada DeLaurentiis prepare this on the Food Network, I thought I had to make it for myself. One of Giada's selling points of this recipe was that it tastes better if prepared ahead of time and heated up just prior to eating, making it a perfect recipe to add to my personal chef repertoire. So, earlier today, I prepared the dish, then cooled it and refrigerated it until dinnertime, when I heated it up on the stove.

Unfortunately, neither my husband nor I thought this was anything special. The combination of peppers, tomatoes, prosciutto, chicken, capers and broth was really not that flavorful in the end. The accompanying roasted potatoes with rosemary were quite good (I don't think there's any way to screw up a roasted potato). Since I took the picture, I thought I'd share it with you, in case you want to try it yourself, and also to prove that not everything I make turns out fantastic.

If you'd like the recipe, here's a link to it on the foodnetwork.com site.

No comments: