Friday, May 1, 2009

Taco Night


Some nights aren't so fancy around here. Taco Night is one of them. I just put out a variety of taco fillings, heat up some hard corn shells as well as some soft flour tortillas, and everyone can do their own thing.

Last night we had seasoned ground turkey, shredded lettuce and chopped tomato, shredded cheese, roasted vegetables, black beans, and brown rice. Every single ingredient had been lurking in my refrigerator or freezer, so there was no shopping involved, always a plus for me, because I seem to spend half my life at the grocery store. The family's favorite "sauces" are salsa, Ranch dressing, and (I really hate to admit this) ketchup. If we'd had a ripe avocado, I would have sliced that up, or even made a quick guacamole.

My favorite seasonings to use to make tacos -- actually, to make anything -- come from Penzeys. If you haven't ordered spices from them, or visited one of their retail stores, please do. They are simply the best.

No comments: