Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Isn't she lovely?


When I dumped my old fridge in Sept. 2007 after 12 years of service, my thought was that it was time for a fresh start. The kitchen had been remodeled, and I wanted new appliances. Younger, fresher, hipper... My emotions took over as I assessed the possibilities: side-by-side; stainless steel; water dispenser; automatic ice-making capability. As often happens, the rebound fridge was a disaster.

Our relationship got off to a very bad start when I couldn't even fit the food from the old fridge into the new fridge. After two years of non-stop bickering (I will take most of the blame for the poisonous words that were slung; the fridge never answered back. It doesn't have THAT capability.), it was time for one of us to go.

Enter my lovely new KitchenAid French Door 24.8 cu. ft. refrigerator. This relationship was entered into quite carefully. We were introduced at the local appliance shop months ago; I discreetly did some checking on its background; and we got to know each other during my frequent return trips to the appliance center. When I was quite sure that this was the correct fridge for me emotionally, rationally, financially and spatially, I made my commitment. Wish us well!

2 comments:

DineInDiva said...

That looks like the same one I got, except mine is white. Love it! The shallower depth means things don't moonwalk backwards into unedible territory.

Oh, that beeping sound isn't a timer you left in your kit; it's the left the door open alarm.

amycaseycooks said...

I do not like dealing with cars, appliances, or electronics that do not work as they should. I just divorced my car for a newer, hipper model and we are still in the honeymoon stage. I keep it clean and tell the kids to not put their dirty shoes on the mats. Hopefully you and your new fridge are getting along well.