Friday, May 8, 2009

Fitness Together lunch


Today's cookdate was short and sweet... lunch for 4 fitness trainers at Fitness Together, Westborough.

I met these great people one day when I was checking out gyms and fitness centers in the area. They provide 1-on-1 personal training, and their clients see results. After a detailed fitness assessment, in which the trainers measure everything from body fat to resting heart rate, they develop a training schedule that fits each client's needs and abilities. I have worked out with a couple of the trainers, and the experience is awesome. You come away feeling like you've accomplished something you never could have without their guidance and support.

The manager, Karen, and I have been talking about how some of the Fitness Together clients might benefit from a personal chef who can prepare healthy meals to go along with their healthy lifestyles.

She asked if I'd prepare a sample meal for her and the trainers. They had a few dietary restrictions, which I'm used to: no dairy, no meat or poultry, no flour, no onions, no peanuts. I decided on Asian Glazed Salmon, Emerald City Salad and Sesame Sugar Snap Peas. After lunch, Karen called to tell me lunch was delicious, every morsel was devoured, and the trainers would definitely be telling their clients who to call for a healthy meal.

No comments: