Friday, January 23, 2009

Tired but happy

Whoops, it's been a while since I've blogged. Life has been busy, busy.
First, an article about my business appeared in the Metrowest Daily News. Hopefully that link will work in case you haven't seen it.

Then, the phone started ringing. Did you know there are lots of companies who want to sell you a "gorgeous laminated mahogany-backed copy of the article in the (your hometown newspaper here) for your vestibule?" I for one don't have a vestibule. So I've had to kindly turn those folks away.

But I've also had some calls and email inquiries for cooking lessons, dinner parties and the Share-a-Chef service. So that's been keeping me quite busy.

Then comes my daughter's swim meets, my son's ever-changing social calendar (why can't they drive at 13? It would make my life so much easier), my volunteer commitments and social engagements, and keeping up with my Facebook account, and I swear I've had 9 hours of sleep in the last 2 weeks. But it's all good. I'm just going to go lie down now.

2 comments:

amycaseycooks said...

Congrats Martha! I got those calls about laminating my article. I just got it laminated at the copy store for $2.00.

Good luck with all your future cooking endeavors!!

DineInDiva said...

Too funny! I got the laminated article calls from a few places, too.

Great article and I'm glad it's bringing in some calls from people who want to buy vs. sell.