Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Salvation Army's "Miracle Kitchen"


OK, maybe a simple salad doesn't look all that exciting to you, but it's very much appreciated by the folks who are going to dine on it later today.

On the first Tuesday of each month, volunteers from my community prepare and serve dinner to the guests at the Salvation Army's Miracle Kitchen. I do my part by preparing whatever's needed (this month, it was a salad and bottled dressing); my family went and served the meal once last year. Scout troops, families and other caring individuals help out every month by preparing salads, hot entrees and dessert, and the entire effort is coordinated by one of my good friends.

Before you dig in to your dinner tonight, please give some thought to the dinner guests at the Miracle Kitchen, and give thanks for all you have.

No comments: