Saturday, June 12, 2010

Cantaloupe, Prosciutto and Blue Cheese Salad


Inspired by a recipe I saw in Cooking Light, I shopped for a ripe cantaloupe, arugula and prosciutto on my last trip to the market, and put this summery salad together tonight (I had some blue cheese in the fridge already). In a matter of minutes, I had a flavorful side dish that everyone loved. I hope you do, too.



Cantaloupe, Prosciutto and Blue Cheese Salad
Serves 4

1 ripe cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and cut into bite-size cubes
1/4 lb. thinly sliced imported prosciutto, torn into bite-size pieces
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
1 cup arugula (if you don't like arugula, I think flat leaf parsley would make a fine stand-in)
drizzle of sherry vinegar
drizzle of best-quality extra virgin olive oil
freshly ground pepper

Combine the cantaloupe, prosciutto and blue cheese in a bowl or serving dish. Top with arugula. Drizzle with sherry vinegar and olive oil. Grind pepper over the top. Serve.

No comments: