Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Vacation

My kids are on school vacation: two weeks when all they want to do is sleep and have me take them places. We've been on a 4-day trip to the Berkshires (hubby, me, kids and 2 of their friends); to the mall and American Girl Place; to the dermatologist's; and to the movies ("Race to Witch Mountain"). Upcoming events include a birthday party; a visit to the aquarium; dinner with SIL and her daughter; and both kids' dental appointments.

Sandwiched in between their needs are mine: cookdates, paperwork, and cooking class preparation; volunteer commitments; exercise; errands and that never-ending list of "to dos."

We have been eating, but nothing really photo-worthy. I haven't had a lot of time to plan, prep, shop, etc. Last night was panini, tonight will be turkey tacos, and tomorrow night I'm testing out a crockpot recipe which may or may not be very photogenic.

The good news is, spring is here and with it, lots of exciting produce for me incorporate into our meals. So I'm optimistic that next week, once the kids get back to school and life returns to normal around here, I'll have some great new recipes and pictures to share.

1 comment:

Sophia Lee said...

enjoy your vacation with the kids, and I can't wait for spring produce either! can't wait to see more of your fab recipes!