Saturday, February 28, 2009

Where did the week go?

Sorry, busy week, no picture. :(

I held my first in-home cooking class this week and it was a huge hit all around, except for the fact that I had the camera sitting right there and never took a single picture. Oops.

The topic was "Fast, Flavorful Family Dinners," and after discussing dinnertime challenges, I shared some techniques and the participants got to work preparing two fabulous dishes: Costa Rican-Style Tilapia with Pineapple, Black Beans and Rice and Ranch Steak Salad. All of the women in the class did a fantastic job preparing the food, and we enjoyed a flavorful lunch together at noon. (Info about upcoming cooking lessons can be found on my website, under the "What's New?" tab.)

Other than that, I kept busy cooking for weekly clients, taking my daughter to the orthodontist and dance class, having lunch with a friend, menu planning and stopping at the Senior Center to volunteer as a Meals on Wheels driver. Throw in picking up the kids from school, scheduling hair cuts, my son's guitar lesson, my ongoing marketing efforts and the impromptu 8th grade get-together at our home last night, and I guess you can see why the camera never made it out of its protective case.

No comments: