Thursday, February 12, 2009

You win some, you lose some


What's not to love? Italian-Style Chicken and Chick Peas was fast, easy and tasty. I served it with Parmesan Couscous (cook a box of couscous and when it's done, stir in about 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese) and a Mixed Baby Green Salad with White Balsamic Vinaigrette and Candied Pecans.
"This is better than a restaurant meal," gushed DD (dear daughter), my biggest fan. Meanwhile, PTS (picky teenage son) was busy blotting his chicken to remove any trace of seasoning. "I love this chicken, Mom," he said as he went for seconds (blotting all the way). He won no points for sincerity, but at least he was eating.
Meanwhile, hubby was forcefully pushing each and every chick pea to the side of his plate and looking around the kitchen with frantic eyes for something else to eat.

I for one LOVED the meal. If you want any of the above recipes, let me know. I'll share them once I'm done licking my wounds.

Editing to add: Two nights later, my son asked me to make "That chicken that was good" again. After asking 5 or 10 questions, I realized this was what he wanted.

No comments: