Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Tradition!


Our family's Christmas Eve tradition, dating back at least 4 years, is to eat hors d'oeuvres and desserts for dinner, in front of the fireplace. A week or so before the big day, I take a poll and ask each family member to name one or two items they'd like me to make. Then I make a menu, adding many things that I like and deleting some of their suggestions (ssssshhh... they never remember what they asked for anyway).

Our tradition changed a bit last year, as our fireplace was knocked down during our home renovation. We now have our feast in front of a Yankee Candle. Last year we even made s'mores using the candle. We're an inventive group.

Tonight, we enjoyed our hors d'oeuvres early so we could get to church for the Christmas pagent, and then we had our dessert when we returned home. I had the pleasure of having my daughter help me make the delicious dishes this afternoon.

Christmas Eve 2008

Vegetables and Herb Dip
Antipasto Triangles
Sweet and Sour Turkey Meatballs
Cheese Nachos
Shrimp Shooters
Dessert: Hot Fudge Pudding Cake with Whipped Cream

No comments: