Thursday, August 28, 2008

I (heart) Autumn



I've always loved autumn. When I was a child, September meant new school clothes, school supplies and cooler weather. I still revel in the crisp, cool mornings; sunny, warm days and comfortable evenings. I didn't grow up in New England, but it didn't take any time for me to fall in love with the beautiful fall landscapes and variety of apples and other produce grown locally this time of year. I'm even excited about the orange and gold foil-wrapped Hershey's Kisses I saw in the store yesterday. Fall has arrived!

These days, I also share in my childrens' excitement as they get ready for a new school year. I feel energized and hopeful; full of great expectations and ready for new challenges. In a few weeks, I may feel overwhelmed with carpooling, schedule-juggling and homework angst, but for now, I'm ready for autumn. Bring it on!

No comments: